Takasaki Castle Ruins (Takasaki-jo-shi)2.0
In the early Edo Period, 1598, a feudal Daimyo lord, Ii Naomasa, moved his residence castle to this castle which was being under constraction and named it Takasaki-jo. It was surrendered to the Meiji Government in 1873 and demolished. Today, its Inui Yagura (Inui Turret) and Higashi-mon (East Gate), which were restored later, can be seen and its outer moat became a popular spot for cherry blossom viewing. On the site there are a few cultural facilities including the Gunma Music Center, along with the 21-storeyed building of the Takasaki City Hall, which has an observation lobby on its top floor (free of charge).
Purposecherry blossom viewing,History,sightseeing
Airport/Sta.Tokyo International Airport (about 111.1km) Google Transit
We guide this spot.
2.03 months ago
nice, but coming from far away is ???
5.08 months ago
Beautiful place in spring and fall.
3.02 years ago
Nothing much to see
4.0a month ago
It is "Takasaki Castle" built by Naomasa Ii in the early Edo period. Since then, it has been ruled as the central castle of the Takasaki feudal clan by the daimyo of Fudai.
It was destroyed after the Meiji Restoration, and the only existing buildings are the East Gate and the Inui Tower. Of course, the moat and earthworks still remain, so you can see the atmosphere of the castle.
Although the main enclosure has been converted into a plaza, there are many government facilities in Takasaki City, and there are few remnants of the castle. However, the moat is lit up and events are held in the open space, making it a symbol of the town.
4.0a week ago