This aquarium in the south of Tokyo shows around 10,000 underwater creatures of 450 different species under the concept of "encountering oceans and rivers". The giant 500-ton tank has a large variety of fish, including those found in Tokyo Bay. A 20m-long tunnel tank provides 180-degree views of rays and giant eels, with a sunken ship and treasure boxes are mysteriously arranged using optical fibers.
The crowd pleaser is impressive dolphin and sea lion shows, where visitors are seated closely to the pool. Among new features include an expanded shark-only tank, an underwater tunnel to view seals, and the Jellyfish zone with more than 200 jellyfish. The aquarium is located at the southern end of Shinagawa Park and a 10-min walk from Omori-kaigan Station.
Purposeeasily accessible,experience,women,kids,family,sightseeing,let's hang out!
Airport/Sta.Tokyo International Airport (about 6.1km) Google Transit
We guide this spot.
5.0a week ago
Went here to see the Christmas tree illuminated by electric eels. We were not disappointed!
Most of the exhibits have English information alongside Japanese. It's a relatively small aquarium, bit it's nice. A great place to spend an afternoon.
4.0in the last week
1. A VERY local aquarium. All shows are conducted in Japanese. Both my children can speak and read Japanese so translations all round for my hubby and me...
2. As expected, very orderly queues and and very clean toilets...
3. The aquarium is under going renovation so be careful where you when you exit. Sigh posts everywhere but all in Japanese.
4. We were there late December. Probably we made up the 1% of non-Japanese visitors there.
5. Many species of sea life on exhibit and check out the shows available on their website. Younger kids will enjoy the shows.
5.0in the last week
Small but enjoyed myself. The shows were well done. Nearly all the staff present were female and very nice :)
4.0in the last week
This place was good for the size but lacks in different more types of fish. The dolphin show is pretty good but only worth coming once.
3.0a month ago
I've seen much better than this.. Anyhow the place is ok if you wait for your flight in haneda airport.. Nearby and just took a local train to reach there.