Oyama Sightseeing Spots 3 hour tour
It is an efficient one day tour of tourist spots in Oyama Town.
Route Japanese horse chestnut at Ueno Mt. Mikuniyama Japanese evergreen oak(Akagashi) at Ueno Shinmeigu Furozan Jokoji Temple Ohmori Rokudai Monument Yaegiri Pond
On March 22nd 1966, the Japanese horse chestnut at Ueno designated as cultural property of Shizuoka prefecture. Root geoid: 8.7 m, height of eye 7.2 m, tree height 40 m, width of tree east to west 37 m, with of tree north to south 45 m, ages 200 - 300 years.
Huge trees with 14 kinds of inbreeds such as Uchihagoke, Velvet fern, Japanese rosea, and Lespedeza are very rare.
about 17.8kmGoogle Transit
Altitude 1328 m. It is called Mikuniyama because it spans three prefectures of Shizuoka, Yamanashi and Kanagawa.
It takes about 50 minutes from Meijin Pass bus stop to Mikuniyama, and an additional 50 minutes down to Ohborasan.
Seasons can be enjoyed anytime such as the beginning of spring, green vivid summer season, and autumn foliage.
about 17.7kmGoogle Transit
May 1st 1983, Oyama Town designated cultural asset (natural monument).
Root circumference 6.1 m, intersection 5.1 m, tree height 8 m, aged about 300 years.
about 6kmGoogle Transit
Altitude 928 m. It has two peaks in the east and west, but the triangulation point is at the Kanagawa prefecture side.
The course from Yanagijima to Yubune forest road via Yotsugu pass has the Furou waterfall and is popular.
In addition to town routes from raw soil, Nakajima, and Yanagijima, you can approach from mountain markets in Kanagawa Prefecture and shallow water etc, and you can choose the course according to the season and physical fitness.
In the climate forest road course, you can also see the Kaninawa fault created by collision between the Philippine Sea plate and the Eurasian plate.
about 4.1kmGoogle Transit
October 25th 1973, Oyama cho designated cultural property.
Jokoji temple is a sect of Rinsaishu Enkakuji temple.
According to the temple heritage it is said that it was opened by Omori Ujiyori who was Odawara castle owner in 1372.
Since then, with the protection of the Omori family, the prosperity has progressed.
It is said that in the temple the tombstone of Omori Rokudai which begins with Yoriaki, has developed a temple which was rebirthed as a disposal temple in Yoshimoto Yuan (1644), and moved to this place at that time.
about 2kmGoogle Transit
In the reservoir for agricultural water (made in 1918), after the embankment was broken by the typhoon, it was repaired and rebuilt as a water park.
When walking around the surrounding routes, the ponds aspect fluctuate, the autumn foliage is exquisitely beautiful.
It features a peaceful mountainside view and drawbridge, a place suitable for things such as taking a break on the waterside and picnics.
During the redevelopment in 1996, this place was named "Yaegiri Pond" as a reminder of the legend of Kintaro.
Cars: National Highway No. 246 Nakajima IC 3 minutes after the train, 5 minutes from the Oyama Town office